Hot Stone Massage – Hessle
What could be nicer than the feel of smooth hot stones massaging away the cold, stress, tension, tiredness, aches and pains?
Hot Stone Massage is a truly relaxing treatment using hot stones of varying sizes on parts of the body – from the forehead to between the toes – giving a deep massage and creating a sensation of warmth and comfort. The heat from the stones feels great and is also wholly therapeutic – helping detox the body and relaxing the nervous system. The stones used are smooth, volcanic basalt that retain their heat on the body for as long as possible.
This is my actual hot stone kit, I work with a 45 stone set!
What are the benefits of Hot Stone Massage?
The benefits of hot stone massage include: –
- Deep relaxation, the warmth relaxes both physically and mentally
- The heat from the stones is transferred to the body by conduction and it may reach up to 3cm into the muscle
- Stress is reduced, relieving mental and physical fatigue
- Circulation is improved and muscles have an increased blood supply, improving function
- Toxins and waste are eliminated more quickly
- The warmth can relieve pain in muscles and joints
- Tension in connective tissue is decreased
- There is a deep comfort of receiving warmth on the body.
When you visit me for a hot stone massage you will receive a thorough consultation first where I will go through any ill health issues you may have, this is completely confidential. I will then show you where to undress and how to lay on the couch and cover yourself with towels. I will then begin the treatment using carrier oils and a 45 stone set. I will incorporate some lomi lomi moves (from ankle to shoulder) and then begin to work on your legs, back, front of legs and feet, arms and hands, face and head.
Contact me on 0791 7097419 to book !
If you are a therapist who would like to learn this pampering treatment, then take a look here!