What is a Hot Himalayan Salt Stone Massage?
Himalayan Salt is a hugely beneficial completely natural salts. It is the result of millions of years of evolution and left behind from the sea evaporation. It is a safe and natural way to massage as it contains all the elements that are present within our body, a perfect match! It is available at the Alchemy Wellbeing Centre Hessle.
Where does Himalayan Salt Come From?
Himalayan Salt comes from the salt mines at the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains in the Punjab region of Pakistan.
It is known to be the purest salt on the planet and as an added bonus it is hand mined so the extractions leave little to no pollution in the process.
How can Himalayan Salt Stone Be Used?
- One of the most popular uses is in the Himalayan Salt Lamps, these make an additional holistic and serene feature in any home or therapy room
- Used in treatments
- Used in meals
- Given in fields to animals
- Salt inhalation sessions
- Bath salts
The benefits of a Himalayan Salt Stone Massage include: –
- Provides 84 Minerals to the body
- Deep relaxation, the warmth relaxes both physically and mentally
- The heat from the stones is transferred to the body by conduction
- Stress is reduced, relieving mental and physical fatigue
- Circulation is improved and muscles have an increased blood supply, improving function
- Toxins and waste are eliminated more quickly
- The warmth can relieve pain in muscles and joints
- Tension in connective tissue is decreased
- There is a deep comfort of receiving warmth on the body. .
- The treatment is ten times deeper and the results are said to last ten times longer than traditional techniques
- Stimulated microcirculation and cell function promotes the rate of tissue repair
- Vasodilatation occurs, this is the widening of the blood vessels which in turn increases the blood flow around the body flushing out waste products and cleansing internal organs.
- Pulse rate increases as the heat makes the heart beat faster – if there is any heart disease then this aspect of the thermotherapy must be observed.
- Lymphatic function increases which will promote internal cleansing and elimination of toxins.
- Alternating the hot stone helps every cell in the body to receive more oxygen and nutrients and encourages a more effective removal of toxins.
- The use of the therapist’s hands in conjunction with the stones also helps produce a more intensive experience.
- An excess of positive ions in the body can create inflammation. Himalaya salt stones can help balance the excess of positive ions with negatives ones to reduce pain and inflammation.
The Himalayan Stones are heated up in a bamboo tray on a heat mat and then used to massage the body! BLISS!!!!!!!!
Contact me on 0791 7097419 to book !
If you are a therapist wanting to learn this amazing new hot himalayan salt stone massage treatment then take a look here!